Friday, July 16, 2010

The BOOK!!! [An Even Better Reason to Blog]

I have been meaning to blog for several days weeks now. I have been thinking of blogging, dreaming about blogging and day dreaming about blogging about the reasons why I have not been blogging.
But today our dear Terry delivered it!
And suddenly I felt that there'd never been a better reason to blog.



Wee Wonderfuls (The BOOK!!!)

Hillary Lang, the creative mastermind of Wee Wonderfuls, the blog, shop and patterns, has now given us the ultimate softie book! 
It's pages are filled with gorgeous, fun doll and soft toy projects with a heavy vintage, danish modern flavor. Her love for old dolls and vintage Fisher Price toys certainly inspires her designs, while they each have a look that is uniquely her own. Her handsewn touches add that special lived with, long loved quality that an old doll holds. 

It really could be my favorite book, however Aelyn's already claimed it for her own. "Make it for me. Please? Please? Please?    Please!?!?"...Aelyn says this in just that way, as to imitate little Tiana wishing on a star, for those of you who've seen Princess and the Frog.


It's her third birthday next Wednesday so this treasure couldn't have come at a better or more tantalizing time. Of corse I want to make every other project! And there are several that she's requested already, but she shows an extra special interest in the Mermaid doll, so we'll start with her. 
I also hope to make a tutu and a Little Red Ridding Hood Cape as well as some simple supper hero capes for her and her 3 little guests. Luckily her party isn't until the following Sunday so that buys me a little more time. Still, I better get started. 


Wishing you all a Happy Weekend!
- April

P.S. She wore it!!! On her own free will too :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ohhh I'm one of her pattern testers last year. I can't wait to see the real book!

andrea creates said...

Hers is one of the first blogs I ever followed years ago. Can't wait to see the book!

Anonymous said...

and it appears the dress fits her perfectly. She remains too cute