Sunday, April 17, 2011

Appleville Season Preview 3



And yet more wonderful Appleville samples by Janelle...


I love my job. Surrounded by so much beauty, joy and creativity, how could I not. Take a look at what Janelle has been sewing up with the Appleville fabric from Robert Kaufman.

This little fabric basket is from Zakka Sewing, by Theresa Laskey and Chika Mori. The houses work so well inside because they are facing all directions. Janelle's hand stitching is darling.

These napkins are some of my favorite. Everything is better with rick rack, in my opinion.


Thanks Janelle, Emily and Mary for your special projects and enjoy the left over fabric.

Look for the Appleville Collection at Sew To Speak in May. You can sew up some darling projects of your own and then be sure to share them on our Flickr group.

Happy Sewing,
Anita (April is out on maternity leave. Baby is 3 days over due but April is in good spirits and she has been stitching up something special. I think it is a surprise.)


5 comments:

trish said...

I am in love with those adorable napkins!!

Susan said...

Cute little 'house' basket! And I agree, ric rac makes everything better!

Maaike said...

what a lovely set of beauties here! The napkins are indeed very cute with that rick rack.
Have a lovely week,
Maaike

melinda said...

What great sample items! I look forward to snapping some of this fabric up when it becomes available. And should you need a reader to help you use some free samples ;) Just kidding. But really, what an ingenious idea on behalf of the fabric company! Can't wait to start sewing with it myself.

Cheers!
Melinda

the Long ladies said...

We hope for a wonderful birth for April, and we want to see pictures!
xxx the Long ladies

PS We're not planning on going to Spring Quilt Market, so hopefully we can meet up again in the fall!