Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Party Preparations and New Goodies too!

Hello shoppe blog sewer friends,
It has been nearly a month since my last post. I haven't meant to be neglectful, I've just been busy busy busy. Between trying to help out around the shoppe while simultaneously chasing baby, sewing feverishly through nap time, enjoying time outdoors, and trying not to be too neglectful of my housework and sweet husband, the blog just slipped onto the back burner for a bit.
But now I'm here, excitedly typing, because there are such wonderful things to announce.

First PARTY time is less than four days away!
Our Birthday Celebration is this Saturday, March 14th, from 11-5! Stop in to put your name in the jar for our "every half hour" prize drawing. Your name will stay in the jar all day so you don't have to be present to win! The prizes are awesome and I must say I'm almost jealous because being the daughter of the shoppe owner renders me disqualified to win (but don't worry about me, I get my perks too:} ).

Second, yesterday we received a wonderful shipment of NEW goods.

Two beautiful New books, hot off the press...

Heather Ross' new book "Weekend Sewing". Gorgeous, fresh and inspirational with stunning photography. This book is filled with great projects including many lovely dresses! and comes with patterns!

Sewing Green by Betz White is all about inspiring us to reduce our waste and reuse what we have. Amazingly creative, with diverse projects, her book includes templets and patterns. This lady breathes new life into ideas that have been around for decades. She shares ways to save money while not sacrificing a bit of style.

Several fun New Japanese treasures. Fabric from Kokka as well as some beautifully made Japanese trims...
This kitty print has the sweetest salvage edge I've ever seen!













Japanese trims are in limited quantities so get them while they're here:)








and New Oliver&S patterns...

adorable spring looks for both boys and girls, more designs not pictured.

Also, we have some new Alexander Henry fabrics recently , a couple lovely new patterns for little girl attire by an awesome indie designer called Sugar City and tons of fun new shoppe samples as well as gift ideas for all ages.
So come party with us, bring your friends and your little ones, it's gonna be fun fun fun and the weather should be nice too... We can't wait to see all of you!
Until next time-
April.

4 comments:

1daisedcupcake said...

OMG!!! Cuteset. Fabrics. Ever. You guys have to quit ordering such cute stuff. I'm tring to save money. Y'all ain't helping my cause. :-D Ha-Ha! Keep up the great work, see you Saturday!

Cristin said...

I just found you guys! I'll be stopping in for a visit soon! FINALLY a shop that carriers LOTS of great designers! Not that I don't love Amy Butler... but she has really saturated this area :-) I need Alexander... and Heather... and Joel too! haha

in... Worthington

April Rhodes said...

Thanks so much gals... so glad you like our picks. It's truly the funnest job ever.

P.S. it's dangerous for my bank account too :) but I hope you win some free stuff on Sat!

AmyD said...

Dang! i missed the party! i can't wait to stop in again and spend more money.
xoxo