Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oliver & S Trunk Show

Starting today, Tuesday, November 4th through Saturday, November 15th. . . the Oliver and S Trunk Show
is on display in the front window of Sew to Speak.

These wonderful pattern makers have sent us several samples of their adorable fall clothing line. The pieces are darling. Exquisitely well made! We've left some of the garments folded on the table inside so that you might pick then up to look over the stitches in awe, as we have. The quality is outrageously good and their use of fabrics and trims is very inspiring. I must say that my absolute favorite piece in the show is the little pleated skirt hanging in the front window. If only it were about four times bigger...I guess I'll just have to make it, or maybe have it made, for my Aelyn. I always dress her in the things I wish I could wear! :)
We also have a few samples made by our friend Shelly of Figgy's children's wear and my mother, Anita will have the "Sunday Brunch Jacket" finished for Aelyn any time now. It is looking super cute in rusty orange velveteen with blue gingham bias as a surprise on the inside and four vintage buttons on the breast.

Also. . . Anita is giving 10% off these patterns during the trunk show, so be sure to take advantage of that and stop in to pick yours up.
Keep in mind, even if you don't have little ones of your own, handmade baby and children's clothing make wonderful gifts. Mommy's go gaga over this stuff... I speak from experience. I am blessed to have a mother with many crafty friends and was gifted with tons of great hand made goods before my baby girl arrived. We still get great new things made for her all the time (grandmothers are the greatest!). I can't get enough of it! These are the things I'll cherish forever, and I'll share them with my daughter as she grows and one day becomes a woman with baby's of her own.
hmmm.... this blog is making me feel a bit sentimental.
I'm reminded of when my mother and I used to get into her old cedar chest and pull out the blankets and things to find the box of my baby clothes she had tucked away. There was the outfit they put me in when I was first born, my hospital bracelet and hers, a soft, silky pink baby blanket, some photographs and several diffrent hand made outfits, rompers and such. She would talk to me about each piece. . . I remember feeling very special when we would sit and do that. . .


I love you so much Mom!
your baby, April

1 comment:

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

ril! It was fabulous meeting you and your Mom and sweet baby Aelyn today - truly a Triple A Treat! And boy, was I SO (sew?) inspired -- both to sew and to paint!!

Your blog is beautiful; I'll be checking back often for new fabrics, classes and other goings on.

I'm so sew glad you've opened such a wonderful shop.

Warmly, Ronda